March 18, 2013

10k Weekend, oh, and a Holiday

This weekend I completed a 10k.


I'd like to say I ran the whole thing, but I didn't quite do that.  On the other hand, I completed it in a time that I like and, perhaps more importantly, I made it through the cold and the wind.  And waking up at a time that would have been 4:30am ten days ago - ah, Daylight Saving and time zone changes…

I have been visiting family and eating lots of food and reading about food.  And really quick here, I'm writing about food, too.

I never think much about St. Patrick's Day, other than avoiding certain areas of Denver on the key Friday/Saturday surrounding the day and making a point to wear a bit of green to avoid unwanted, creepy encounters.  But I wasn't at home and my meals were being cooked for me, rather than by me like usual.  In other words, I celebrated St. Patrick's Day this year!

Corned beef and cabbage was on the menu, and it was quite delicious.  Well, I opted out of the corned beef this time, but it looked and smelled great and was eaten with relish.  Don't you think I was missing out, however.  I got to have my beloved potatoes and excellent braised cabbage.

I think I may keep up the tradition and plan on this traditional Irish-American meal next year.  And maybe a couple times before then, too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making corned beef and cabbage soup for dinner tonight. I would have done it last night, but Sundays are our date night.

    ReplyDelete